Passionate about making a difference on the streets of Minneapolis? Join our team as a Program Assistant to support our events and outreach work, including our Open Streets Minneapolis event series this fall. This position will work closely with the Director of Operations & Development to further Our Streets' mission through community engagement.
Our Streets Minneapolis is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to support our fall events, including Open Streets Minneapolis and our Bike/Walk Audit program with the City of Minneapolis.
The role averages between 15-20 hours of work per week. The Program Assistant will work closely with Our Streets Minneapolis staff. The position will begin as soon as possible and go through early November, with the possibility of staying on long-term.
View the full job description here.
Open Streets Minneapolis
- Community outreach, education, and engagement along Open Streets Minneapolis routes
- Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for day-of
- Directly support Events & Program Coordinator leading up to and during Open Streets events
- Administrative support as needed (e.g., answering phone and email inquiries, reviewing paperwork, formatting documents, etc.)
- Train and support volunteers before and throughout events
- Assist with volunteer communications and materials
- Work alongside Executive Director to put on outreach events for a City of Minneapolis program exploring bikeability and walkability in the city
Support other Our Streets Minneapolis tasks as directed.
Wage and Benefits
Wage for this position is $20 per hour. Our benefits package includes paid time off, partial cell phone reimbursement, and bike/walk to work credit.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to our hiring team at [email protected]. Your resume should include all relevant paid and unpaid experience and education along with key responsibilities and time served in each role. The cover letter should tell us more about your interest in the position and
Position will be open until filled. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Application review will begin on Monday, August 16th.
Our Streets Minneapolis is an equal opportunity employer with a focus on creating safer spaces for our employees. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender people, nonbinary people, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.