Our Streets Minneapolis works for a city where biking, walking, and rolling are easy and comfortable for everyone.
We envision a city where:
- Biking, walking, and rolling are easy and joyful for people of all backgrounds and identities in all parts of Minneapolis;
- Streets and trails are vibrant community spaces with people walking and biking year-round;
- Kids and families feel safe and comfortable walking and biking to neighborhood schools, parks, and businesses;
- Older adults and people with mobility challenges are healthy, independent, and connected with their communities through streets and sidewalks designed for them; and
- Abundant biking and walking contributes to happy people, a healthy environment, and a strong economy.
Rendering of protected bikeways on Hennepin Ave
Our Streets Minneapolis current advocacy priorities
We are working to make streets safer for everyone walking, biking, and rolling. See our first-ever walking priorities and our 2017 biking priorities here.
Thanks to everyone who offered input into our prioritization process--your input was very helpful and these priorities reflect what you told us should be the highest priorities.