Apply today to be part of our team making Open Streets and Bike Month happen!
Our Streets Minneapolis seeks a part-time Open Streets and Bike Month Associate to support volunteer coordination and outreach for the 2018 Open Streets Minneapolis season and Bike Month. The Associate may potentially also support bicycle encouragement programming work. We’re seeking an excited, passionate, enthusiastic, flexible, and hard-working individual to join our team!
The position is part-time with an average of between 30 and 35 hours a week. The associate will report to Cindy Vue, the Bicycle Encouragement and Volunteer Coordinator in addition with working closely with the rest of the team. The ideal candidate would start by the end of April and work through October 1st. Start and end times are flexible as are the exact average number of hours per week and the work schedule.
- Recruit, support, and recognize day-of Open Streets and Bike Month volunteers, including social media posts, phone calls and email communication, database management, managing supplies, and training in volunteers;
- Outreach to businesses, neighbors, and community orgs to support participation in and promotion of Open Streets;
- Assist with bicycle encouragement program as capacity is available;
- Support other Our Streets activities as directed; and
- perform administrative, clerical, and other duties as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least two years experience in community outreach, volunteer coordination, community events, organizing, or related or a college degree;
- Enjoys meeting and talking with many people; is positive and outgoing;
- Able to be on time and flexible to work some evenings and weekends each month;
- Utilizes prompt, open, and inclusive communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow through with tasks on time;
- Proficient computer skills including word processing and social media;
- Interested in biking, walking, community building, advocacy, transportation, health, or the environment; and
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with and coordinating volunteers;
- Proficiency in Spanish, Somali, Oromo, or Hmong; and
- Bicycle encouragement skills, including basic bicycle repair, experience leading group rides, or experience teaching bicycle riding skills.
Work hours will include meetings and events outside of the office, primarily at locations in Minneapolis, and will include evenings and weekends. Position involves lifting equipment up to 35 pounds and requires the ability to go up and down stairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a focus on creating safer spaces for our employees of all backgrounds and identities. People of color, women, transgender people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Wage and Benefits
The wage range for this position is $13 - $18 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes paid time off, cell phone reimbursement, and bike/walk to work credit.
The Associate will gain skills and experience in outreach, working with volunteers, and communications. You’ll work with a supportive team. Our office is a Safer Space, where we work to make it a welcoming space for people of all backgrounds and identities. We offer a generally flexible work schedule (except for some required events and meetings).
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Cindy at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled, but you are encouraged to apply by April 13.