Our Streets Minneapolis seeks a Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator who is passionate about our work to create a city where biking, walking, and rolling are easy and comfortable for everyone. This person will lead our work around fundraising and volunteer management.
How to apply: Candidates can send a resume and cover letter to Ashwat Narayanan at [email protected].
The resume should include all relevant paid and unpaid experience and education, along with key responsibilities and time served in each role. The cover letter should tell us more about the candidate including why they will be a good fit for the Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator role.
Position will be open until filled. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Application review will begin on Friday, February 26th.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead individual giving program including donor discovery, stewardship, solicitation, and acknowledgement
- Solicit, steward, and manage event sponsorships
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities
- Partner with Executive Director and others to write grant applications
- Process donor gifts
- Enter and manage donor data in NationBuilder database
- Serve as the staff lead on the Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors
- Build on and carry out strategies to attract volunteers
- Serve as initial contact for people interested in volunteering
- Act as point person for volunteers at events
- Steward, recognize, and celebrate volunteers
- Enter and manage volunteer data in NationBuilder database
- Prepare volunteer materials for all events
- When relevant, manage seasonal staff
- Provide a consistent, positive passion for biking, walking, and rolling
- Use relevant work area budgets
- Manage and purchase office equipment and supplies
- Perform other duties as needed
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with individual fundraising including building donor relationships and writing acknowledgements and solicitations
- Comfortable asking for donations
- Experience managing, tracking, or entering data using a customer relationship management system (CRM) or donor database
- Enjoys meeting and talking with new people in a positive, outgoing manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Uses direct communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines
- Comfortable talking on the phone
- Proficient in using google apps
- Able to work several evenings and weekends, particularly select Sundays from June through October
- Commitment to striving to realize Our Streets’ Safer Spaces policy and equity commitments
- Proficient in Spanish, Somali, Oromo, or Hmong
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience with NationBuilder
- Grant writing experience
Candidates who feel they are a good fit for the position but do not meet all of the minimum or preferred qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Streets Minneapolis staff are currently working remotely due to risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time the Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator will need to work from a computer using personal wifi in their home. If desired, the Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator may bring a desktop computer from the Our Streets Minneapolis office to use at home during the pandemic.
All Our Streets Minneapolis staff are required to have a smartphone.
Once it is safe, the Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator will work out of the Our Streets Minneapolis office in downtown Minneapolis, and at local community events within Minneapolis.
The Our Streets Minneapolis staff is a small team that works in an open plan office. The Fundraising & Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and work closely with all other staff members.
This position involves working at outdoor events which includes the following requirements:
- Ability to transport themselves to and from events across Minneapolis
- Ability to sit or stand outside for up to nine hours at community events in all weather conditions from May through October
- Ability to go up and down one flight of stairs to reach our office
- Ability to lift 25 pounds to move equipment for events
Our Streets Minneapolis is an equal opportunity employer with a focus on creating safer spaces for our employees. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender people, nonbinary people, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay & Benefits
The Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator will be a salaried, exempt position expected to work 40 hours per week. Starting annual salary for this position will be $43,000 to $48,000 depending on experience.
We offer a generally flexible work schedule, except for required events and meetings.
Our benefits package includes paid time off, health insurance reimbursement, retirement contribution matching, partial cell phone reimbursement, transit and bike share allowance, and bike/walk to work credit.