Our Streets Minneapolis is looking for community members interested in joining our Board of Directors to contribute towards our mission of people-first transit. Being a part of the board is an incredibly rewarding way to support streets for people!
Our Streets Minneapolis board members provide governance, financial, and strategic oversight. Board members are volunteers who are meaningfully engaged and informed and can expect to spend a minimum of 5 hours per month on board service activities.
The following are expectations for how board members support the organization:
- Attend a board orientation.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and review related materials in advance. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. with the option to attend remotely.
- Participate in at least one committee or work group beyond the Board meetings.
- Make a financial contribution that is personally significant.
- Support organizational fundraising efforts.
- Support key initiatives such as our advocacy campaigns or Open Streets Minneapolis events.
- Be a supportive representative of the organization in the community.