What's your vision for the future of Minneapolis? At Our Streets Minneapolis local advocacy is one way we're making our city a place where biking, walking, and rolling are easy and comfortable for everyone. Our advocacy work depends on people like you raising your voices to push our city in the direction you'd like it to go. One way you can do this is by engaging with your elected officials on social media.
Tips for engaging your elected officials on social media
Depending on what is most effective with your elected officials, engaging on social media can be a very powerful way to communicate.
Here are our tips on how to engage with your elected officials on social media:
- Find out what social media your elected officials use most often
- Look them up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and more
- Follow them and get a feel for how they use social media
- Be concise and direct when communicating with your elected officials through social media
- Remember that no electronic communication ever goes away
Would you like to join passionate folks like you working for a better Minneapolis? Check out our volunteer opportunities where you can work directly on local organizing and help shape our advocacy priorities.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter