Wed. May 4th | 6PM - 7:30PM
Virtual, via Google Hangouts
Learn about Bring Back 6th and ask decision makers to commit to the vision
Our Streets Minneapolis is hosting an accountability forum with the Minnesota Department of Transportation for Bring Back 6th. Register below or click here to register.
At this forum, our team will share more about Bring Back 6th and will invite city leaders and decision makers to publicly commit to the demands. We are also calling on the City to adopt a set of benchmarks for the project.
We will continue organizing until the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority, the Metropolitan Council, Hennepin County and relevant elected officials and partners give a public commitment to:
- Complete all Phase 1 safety improvements by the end of 2023
- Return the land to the community and restore the corridor to 6th Avenue North, with construction beginning by 2026
- Open Streets Olson Memorial Highway
- Full adoption of the Housing and Community Development Benchmarks
- Wednesday, May 4th, at 6:00 p.m.
- 6:00: Welcome
- 6:05: Harrison Neighborhood Association
- 6:10: Our Streets Minneapolis
- 6:15: Project Phases and Benchmarks
- 6:25: Mobile Museum Content Presentation
- 6:30: Demonstration Block Content Presentation
- 6:40: Harrison and Heritage Park Community Members
7:00: Agency Response
Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Metro District Engineer Mike Barnes
City of Minneapolis
- Public Works Director Margaret Anderson Kelliher
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- 7:10: Announcements
- 7:15: Closing
We all work together to create safer spaces. We ask that all event attendees read and follow our Safer Spaces policy.