Here is our first-ever list of walking advocacy priorities! We're excited to be working on these with our volunteer Pedestrian Work Group and partners.
Priority policy items to improve walking in Minneapolis
- Have the 2040 Minneapolis comprehensive plan include new walk-friendly policies.
- Improve winter sidewalk and corner maintenance so people can stay walking and rolling year round.
- Improve how we do stop lights to make them friendly to people walking and biking.
- Create and fund a pedestrian crossings improvement program to be able to make more proactive walk safety improvements on streets.
Less like this
More like this
Priority street projects to improve walking
- Supporting priorities of the Minneapolis Public Housing Association High Rise Council on walking and access issues near high rises;
- Hennepin Avenue downtown
- Franklin Avenue west of Minnehaha Avenue
- Hiawatha/Lake intersection
We'll also be monitoring and supporting as needed these additional street projects
- 8th Street Downtown (we already helped get safer, narrower traffic lanes on this project!)
- 4th Street Downtown
- Hennepin Ave Uptown
- North Minneapolis Greenway
- Hennepin/1st NE
- Emerson/Fremont North
- Samatar Crossing
- Broadway NE
- Lyndale Ave S crossings
- Upper Harbor Terminal
Want to help with any of these?
Our volunteer Pedestrian Work Group is working on these! We can always use more people. Email ([email protected]) or call me (612-964-8902) if you want to be involved! I'd love to chat with you.